Filing For A Green Card Based on Marriage Part 2

The I-130, Petition for Alien Relative and I-130A, Supplemental Information for Spouse Beneficiary are the first of forms to be filed with USCIS to start the process for your spouse’s green card. The filing fee associated with the I-130 is $535.

Some of the documents USCIS requires that you submit with your I-130 include:

1. A copy of the Petitioning spouse naturalization certificate, biographic page of US passport, US birth certificate or green card
2. A copy of your marriage certificate
3. Photographs that would show that a bona-fide marriage/relationship exists
4. Copy of financial documents that shows comingling of finances
5. Copy of lease/mortgage document with both spouses name
6. Birth certificates of children born to you and your spouse
7. Affidavits by third parties who has knowledge of the marital relationship

Check our next blog for the green card application fees and required documentation.

While immigration forms may, in some instances, appear simple, there are innumerable details and regulations not included in the instructions that slow or assist your case in being approved. Some individuals believe that these nuances are best left in the hands of a legal professional – only you know what is best for you and your loved ones! Attorney Prince has years of experience processing family-based petitions and is available to help you with your petition. Call us at (678) 705-5409.