U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (“USCIS”) may be able to help persons affected by unforeseen circumstances such as hurricanes. USCIS may be able to:
* waive fees due to an inability to pay;
* Expedite processing of employment authorization applications;
* Change your nonimmigrant status or extend your nonimmigrant status;
* Excuse your failure to apply for an extension of your nonimmigrant status before the period of
authorized stay expires;
* Expedite processing of advance parole requests;
* Assist those who could not timely respond to a Request for Evidence or a Notice of Intent to
* Reschedule interviews and biometrics appointment with USCIS; and
* Expedite replacement of lost or damaged immigration or travel documents issued by USCIS,
such as a Permanent Resident Card (Green Card).
Call the National Customer Service Center at 800-375-5283 for additional information. Call The Prince Firm at 678-705-5409 for help explaining to USCIS how the impact of Hurricane Harvey or other disaster created your need for relief.