New Work Authorization Forms Allows You to Obtain Employment Authorization Card and Social Security Card at the Same Time

U.S. employers must determine whether its employees, regardless of citizenship or national origin, are allowed to work in the United States. Your Employment Authorization Document (“EAD”) is one way to prove that you are allowed to work in the U.S.   Persons in some classifications need both an EAD and a Social Security number (“SSN”). Previously, applicants needed to obtain an EAD from US Citizenship and Immigration Services, and then submit additional paperwork to the Social Security office to obtain an SSN. Today, persons in some categories or classifications can now apply for the EAD and SSN using a single form – the updated Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization. For these persons, their social security cards will automatically arrive in the mail within weeks of the issuance of their approved EAD. It is important to complete Form I-765 accurately.


Please contact The Prince Firm at (678) 705-5409 for assistance with your immigration forms.