If President Trump had his way, the Reforming American Immigration for Strong Employment Act (“RAISE Act”) would cut legal immigration to the United States by about 40%. You would have to be at least 18 years old and have at least 30 points to be eligible to apply for immigration. The new legislation favors people between the ages of 26 and 30 with a doctorate degree in science, technology, engineering or mathematics, high English proficiency and a job offer with a high salary. Applicants would need at least 30 points to be eligible to apply for an immigrant visa. Would you get a visa?
- How old are you?
- What’s your highest level of education?
- Is your degree, if any, in science, technology, engineering or mathematics?
- How well do you speak English?
- Do you have a job offer in the US and how much does it pay?
- Do you have a Nobel Prize or major international award?
- Have you won an Olympic medal in the past 8 years?
- Do you plan to invest money in the US?
I qualify for an immigrant visa, but barely! Although my undergraduate and law degrees are from prestigious institutions -University of Pennsylvania and University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, respectively, my degrees are not in the STEM field. Sadly, my last track meet was in secondary school and like the vast majority of people in the world I did not win a Nobel. I am, however, well credentialed and able to assist you with petitioning for your loved ones. Please contact my office at (678) 705-5409 for help.